North Tawton Town Twinning
Blangy-le-Chateau is a delightful village, situated in the Calvados department in the Basse-Normandie region in northwestern France.
The town of North Tawton twinned with Blangy-le-Chateau in 1975.
Twinning exchanges organised by the members of North Tawton Twinning Association.
North Tawton townspeople welcomed friends from twin town Blangy-le-Château in 2014.
In 2015, North Tawton coordinated celebratory events for the 40th anniversary of the town twinning.
During the Second World War, the main thrust of Operation Overlord was focused on Lower Normandy (French: Basse-Normandie). The beaches of Calvados were the site of the D-Day landings in June 1944. Lower Normandy suffered terribly during the War, with many of its towns and villages destroyed or severely damaged during the Battle of Normandy.
Today, historic trails of three signposted routes serve to retrace the story of the Battle of Normandy: from the D-Day Landing beaches to inland Calvados.
Read about a Blangy le Chateau visit to North Tawton. During the reception, luncheon, Isabelle Pivert, Deputy Mayor, on behalf of the Mairie of Blangy presented Gill Hoggins, Chairman of North Tawton Town Council, and Vice-Chairman, Carol Burrow, a beautiful book on Normandy Gardens “the garden of the coast.”