North Tawton is a small ancient market town in rural West Devon. Pleasantly situated alongside the River Taw.
Roman Forts and Marching Camps established on the banks of the River Taw at North Tawton.
Latest News Articles
A performance controller for Sky from London is attempting to beat the world record to run from Land’s End to John o’Groats, starting the 25th May 2019. He is fundraising for children’s charity Hope for Children.
James Williams will be running around eighteen and a half hours per day, starting at 4:30 am each day.
Local elections in the United Kingdom held on Thursday 2 May 2019 provided electorate members of Exbourne Ward the opportunity to vote for two Borough Councillors.
The Results of Exbourne Ward Local Elections May 2019
ANTS Actors of North Tawton Society
and YANTS to proudly present
Goodnight Mister Tom
at North Tawton Town Hall
Upcoming Events and Community Meetings
- May 23, 2019 European Parliamentary Elections South West England
- May 25, 2019 Bondleigh Grand Plant Sale
- May 25, 2019 North Tawton Walk and Talk May 2019
- May 27, 2019 Spring Bank Holiday 2019
- May 27, 2019 North Tawton Bowling Club Roll Ups
- May 29, 2019 ANTS Goodnight Mister Tom
- May 30, 2019 Okehampton U3A Meeting May 2019
- May 30, 2019 ANTS Goodnight Mister Tom
- May 31, 2019 ANTS Goodnight Mister Tom
- June 1, 2019 North Tawton Create and Craft June 2019
- June 1, 2019 ANTS Goodnight Mister Tom
Agricultural Shows and Festivals
Art and Craft Fairs
Community Social Groups: ANTS and YANTS Drama, Art, Baby and Toddlers, Craft, Dancing, Guides, Music Sessions, Scouts, Sewing and WI.
Sports Clubs and Fitness Classes for all ages and abilities: Bowling, Fishing, Football, Pilates, Rugby, Walk & Talk and Zumba.
Tarka Trail cycling and walking routes through North Tawton, Bondleigh, Sticklepath, Belstone, Dartmoor and Okehampton, West Devon.
North Tawton Town Twinned