NORTH TAWTON History: a parish near the old road from Exeter to Okehampton, and on the river Taw, which is here crossed by a bridge of four arches, leading to Hatherleigh and Okehampton, with a station on the London and South Western railway, 1 ¼ miles south from the town, and is 20 miles north-west from ExeterRead: North Tawton History – Part 2
Old Woollen Mill
North Tawton: William White’s History, Gazetteer & Directory of Devon, 1850
NORTH TAWTON … a small ancient town, pleasantly situated on the east side of Taw valley, 6½ miles N.E. of Okehampton, and 10 miles W. of Crediton, has in its parish 1728 inhabitants, and about 5350 acres of land, exclusive of Ilton Moor and Stone Moor, now being enclosed and cultivated.Read: North Tawton History – Part 1
North Tawton Town Council have organized the required Annual Town Meeting, this will be held at North Tawton Town Hall on 31 March 2011.
Items on the agenda include the Old Woollen Mill planning application, ongoing, and another planning application; Solar Farm between the Cheese Factory (Taw Valley Creamery) and Culm Cross.Read: Annual Town Meeting