North Tawton Polling Day Elections on Thursday 6 May 2021 to vote for:
- Election of Police and Crime Commissioner for Devon and Cornwall police area.
- Election of councillor to Devon County Council for the Hatherleigh and Chagford division.
- Referendum on the Neighbourhood Plan for the North Tawton Neighbourhood Area.
Information on Police and Crime Commissioner candidates
Information on Hatherleigh and Chagford Division
Information on North Tawton Neighbourhood Plan
North Tawton Polling Station Voting hours from 7.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
When visiting the polling station at North Tawton Town Hall you are asked to:
- Wear a face covering unless you have a valid exemption.
- Bring your own pen or pencil.
- Follow the signs and guidance from staff at the polling station to adhere to social distancing.
Helpline number: 01822 813604
West Devon remained Conservative in the Devon County Council elections, as per the following Election 2021 results.
Hatherleigh and Chagford (turnout 41.93%)
James McInnes (Con) 2355 – Elected councillor
Lynn Daniel (Green) 1142
George Dexter (Lib Dem) 458
Douglas Smith (Lab) 330
Matthew Morton (Reform UK) 89
Okehampton Rural (turnout 36.42%)
Lois Samuel (Con) 1942 – Elected councillor
Tony Leech (Ind) 948
Brian Wood (Green) 552
Terence Edwards (Lab) 424
Patrick Gilbert (Lib Dem) 235
Robert Rush (Reform UK) 90
Reference: Devon GOV UK
North Tawton Neighbourhood Plan Referendum on Thursday 6 May 2021
Do you want West Devon Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for North Tawton to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
Number Cast in favour of a YES = 484 (87%)
Number Cast in favour of a NO = 66 (12%)
Ballot Papers Issued: 556
The North Tawton Neighbourhood Plan will be taken into consideration by West Devon Borough Council when deciding upon planning applications in the neighbourhood area.
Counting for Police and Crime Commissioner gets under way on Monday 10 May.
Alison Hernandez has been voted the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) for Devon and Cornwall for another term.
You may be interested in reading: